London Collections: Men - My Account


For the past 3 days I’ve had the privilege of being able to attend LCM (just one of the perks of working for an emerging retail brand), it definitely has been an experience. I’ve been able to network with various personalities, from designers to photographers (and promptly lost their business cards the next day -_-), heck I even blagged my way into a fashion show! I wouldn’t say that this has been the be all and end all in terms of feeling like I’ve made it in life because let’s face it, I haven’t and I still have miles to go haha. Anyway, back to the point, I’ll give you guys a brief summary on how each day went. Don’t worry I’ll keep it brief and include pictures so you don’t get bored

DAY 1

Let’s be honest here, I was a bit intimidated…everyone looked amazing. This was the first time I’d ever been to anything like this and I felt like a rookie standing next to seasoned pros. Whilst we were queuing for a show Terence, one of the people I work with was darting to and fro taking street style pictures of people like he’d been doing it his whole life. I on the other hand stood there clutching my camera feeling very small le sigh.

I ended up taking one picture of a really cool guy I met and we got to talking and exchanged details. I won’t lie to you, I was singing “networking wooooooh” in my head at that moment. It was good to “break the ice” and actually start talking to someone.



That evening Ada (another lovely I work with) and I ended up going to the Ada + Nik show/party (finding the hotel where it was hosted was a bit of a debacle) it did however turn out to be a good event! We ended up starting conversations with more people and exchanging details. Needless to say I went home feeling very good.






DAY 2

I still felt a bit so-so and this time I was on my own (deep breaths). I stepped into the designer’s showroom, camera in hand, ready to talk to someone…anyone really. It actually wasn’t that bad once I got to talking to some of the designers, they were pretty friendly and relatable people, I also managed to get some cool pictures of their stuff and their cards. I unfortunately lost 2 of the cards I was REALLY excited about having…


LOU DALTON

COMMON PEOPLE

COMMON PEOPLE

COMMON PEOPLE


CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN


CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN

CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN

CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN

CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN

UNIVERSAL WORKS 

UNIVERSAL WORKS

JAE WAN PARK

JAE WAN PARK


DAY 3

Now this day did NOT start out well, we tried and failed to get into one show in the early afternoon le sigh, but ended up taking great street style photos.
An hour later we were back, we managed to get into the KTZ show. The theme of the show reminded me of the frost giants from Thor (lame I know), think of it we had these tall men dressed in hulking ski jackets,  with their faces painted a frosty silver.


We ended up going to the A. Sauvage show in the evening where I managed to blag my way into standing right by the photographers so I could get really good shots. All in all, I think day 3 was definitely the best.












0 comments:

ifbk contributor